Foods to Avoid with Braces
Which Foods Should I Avoid?
Eating with your new braces/appliance requires you to take special care to avoid foods that could result in a repair appointment. Here are some foods listed below to avoid
Chewy foods — bagels, licorice, pizza crust, pretzels,
Crunchy foods — popcorn, nuts chips, ice,
Sticky foods — caramel candies, chewing gum, other hard/sticky candies
Foods that require biting into — corn on the cob, apples, carrots (Cut them into smaller bites to avoid biting into the core
Which Foods CAN I Eat?
- Dairy — soft cheese, pudding, Shakes/smoothies
- Breads — soft tortillas, pancakes, muffins without nuts
- Grains — pasta, soft cooked rice
- Meats/poultry — soft cooked chicken, meatballs, lunch meats
- Seafood — tuna, salmon, crab, soft sushi rolls
- Cooked Vegetables — mashed potatoes, steamed spinach, steamed broccoli/carrots/cauliflower, squash
- Soft Fruits — applesauce, bananas, fruit juice,
- Treats — ice cream without nuts, milkshakes, Jell-O, soft cake