“The day treatment ends and the patient shares their new smile is the best day! I love knowing my work creates a healthy and beautiful smile that will last for my patient’s lifetime.” — Dr. Miller
On Being an Orthodontist
Dr. Robert Miller treasures the uniqueness of his patients. He enjoys the relationships that naturally develop at each person’s visit and always looks forward to hearing the latest news. Dr. Miller understands that each patient has specific clinical and personal needs. He encourages patients and parents to speak about their treatment desires, timeline, and other concerns, which enables him to identify the treatment processes that will work for the patient.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor’s degree in biology – Augustana College
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
- Master of Science – University of Minnesota Orthodontic Residency program
- Orthodontic specialty certificate – University of Minnesota Orthodontic Residency program
Each year, Dr. Miller takes many hours of continuing education. There are always new technologies and treatments being developed. Dr. Miller is committed to making sure he’s able to provide the highest level of orthodontic care and that means staying up to date. Continuing education ensures he’s current on the developments, to the benefit of his patients.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Minnesota Association of Orthodontists
- Minnesota Dental Association
- St. Paul District Dental Society
Having grown up in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Dr. Miller now lives in Lakeville, Minnesota with his wife Jennie and children Grey and Giana. Spending quality time with his family and friends is important to Dr. Miller. When he has time, he also enjoys hunting and fishing, traveling, and cheering for the Twins.