On Being an Orthodontist
Dr. Mary Sedivy loves helping her patients. Whether she’s creating a new smile for an adult who’s waited years to seek treatment, or correcting early issues in a child so he or she grows up with a healthy smile, Dr. Sedivy is making a difference. Working one-on-one with each patient and the family, Dr. Sedivy determines the patient’s needs. The she creates a custom treatment plan that will develop that new smile comfortably and with great results.
Dr. Sedivy enjoys each day at the practice and looks forward to seeing her patients. She is always eager to hear their latest news, while seeing how their new smile is developing. At the end of treatment, she celebrates the new smile with the patient, and is happy the person will have a healthy, beautiful smile for the rest of his or her life.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing – University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Marquette University
- Master of Science – Marquette University Orthodontic Residency Program
- Orthodontic specialty certificate – Marquette University Orthodontic Residency Program
Passionate about furthering her skills and knowledge, Dr. Sedivy participates in many continuing education courses. With the constant developments in materials, technology, and treatments, she knows it’s essential to remain up to date in order to provide her patients with the best care.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Midwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Minnesota Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- St. Paul District Dental Society
After growing up in Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin, Dr. Sedivy is now glad to call Lakeville, Minnesota her home. Away from the office, being with her husband Julio, and two sons, Matt and Will, is her priority. She loves watching her sons play sports, and enjoys rehabbing houses, too.